Living on a Caribbean island means going to the beach at any given moment. Suddenly, you realize your toes nails have chipped nail polish, your legs are in need of a shave and you still haven’t upgraded that bath suit from ten years ago! Don’t worry it happens to us all that’s why together we are going to get beach ready!
- Hair Be Gone: Unsightly hair on your legs is a definite no, no. You can run down the beach towards the water and maybe you’ll get away with it but when you come back walking towards your group of friends – there’s no hiding. So, always keep smooth legs whether you shave, wax or use hair cream remover.
- Mani/Pedi Care: When you go to the beach most times everyone sits facing the sea with their legs outstretched. You know, just out of curiosity you check out other girl’s nail polish, so know that someone will be checking out yours. Schedule time for a manicure and pedicure or at least do it yourself. No one wants to see chipped nails, half painted toes or worse – nails that are so long they begin to curl.
- Nah Frizz: Sometimes, it’s hard to find the time to look after your hair when you are throwing things together to head out to the beach, but find the time and make sure your hair is beach ready. When you are on the beach your hair is likely to either get wet or be windswept either way your roots will show any discolor, the ends of your hair will have extra dazzle on the end because of the split ends and you know with that Caribbean breeze blowing through your hair it is going to frizz badly! Spend regular time on your hair to ensure it’s mostly the best it can be and give it that naturally healthy glow.
- Super Skin: Get gorgeous skin. You know that some sunbathing will give you back your summer glow, but you don’t want to make your seasonal beach debut looking pasty. Zap any acne or blemishes with a salicylic acid cream. Don’t forget to treat your back and other hard-to-reach areas. Exfoliate your skin and moisturize it to get rid of winter dryness before you apply a tanning treatment. Your skin will be healthier, and your tan won’t look streaky and spotty.
- Bathing Beauty: As soon as you know you need new swimwear go shopping! You hardly buy one so spend the money and get a good one that you are happy with. Choose a color that suits you, a piece that can hold all of you comfortably and choose wisely, buy either a full one piece swimwear, a two piece bikini or a tankini so you can strut your stuff with confidence.
- In the Shade: You know those palm trees are there to provide shade and not just to make the beach look pretty. Find a place that is in the shade unless you are going to rent a beach umbrella. Now apply the sunscreen, it’s for all colors of skin regular SPF 15 should be fine. Put on your sunglasses to protect your eyes from the sunrays and glare. Put on your hat – a summery big brim sunhat works well or even a baseball cap and you know that you always say you’re not going to go for long but once you get there – who wants to leave early!
So, you are set and ready to go. Do take lots of water because although you don’t tend to feel the thirst of being on the beach, your body needs replenishment. Go in the late afternoon when you can enjoy the cool Caribbean breeze and the spectacular sunset.